Making Brine Shrimp last

Christina Quasarano ceq at bu.edu
Mon Jan 6 13:21:20 EST 2003

Hello everyone!

I have a question about keeping brine shrimp for extended period of
time.

My co-workers and I are trying to create a way to have a supply of
brine shrimp for 30+ days that we would not be allowed to come in
contact with.  The Brine shrimp will be fed to Zebrafish on a daily
basis (which we will also not be able to come in contact with).

Does anyone have any ideas or preferences of a food supply?  I
have read about microalgae, de-fatted and micronized rice- bran,
Brewers yeast, chicken manure and homemade feeds.  Does
anyone have a homemade recipe that might be appealing.  I
apprecaite any info or help.  Thanks!

Sincerely, Christina Q

Christina Quasarano
Research Assistant,