Resting conditions for breeders

Vatsala Thirumalai vatsala at cshl.edu
Wed Jan 8 20:57:30 EST 2003

I have a small colony of fish (about 70). I am trying to get them to
breed. I got a good yield the first time but after that the yield has
been going down. I rested them for a week yet the breeding didn't
improve. Is it necessary to keep the males and females separate
during the resting period? Also, will the females lay eggs every
morning even when there are no males around? I looked at some
web sites but got mixed answers for these questions. Hope
someone can clarify.

Thanks!
Vatsala Thirumalai