Postdoctoral position

Vicky Prince vprince at midway.uchicago.edu
Fri Jan 10 13:50:36 EST 2003

Postdoctoral Position, in zebrafish developmental biology at The
University of Chicago

A postdoctoral position is available to study zebrafish endoderm
regionalization and pancreas specification in the Department of
Organismal Biology at the University of Chicago.  Our overall
research program focuses on how the vertebrate primary body axis
is regionalized during development.  We have recently begun a
productive study of the zebrafish endoderm (Stafford and Prince,
2002 Current Biology 12, 1215-1220), and now wish to expand this
aspect of our program.  Other ongoing projects in the lab are
focused on Hox gene function during CNS regionalization (e.g.
Prince 2002, Developmental Biology. 249, 1-15; McClintock et al.,
2002, Development 129, 2339-2354; Hunter et al 2002,
Developmental Biology 247, 367-389). The Department includes
two other groups studying the zebrafish, as well as groups working
on insect, chick and mouse development, providing an excellent
interactive environment for developmental biology research.

The successful applicant will be enthusiastic about developmental
biology and have training in molecular techniques, embryology, or
preferably both - ideally with some zebrafish experience.  Recent
PhD. graduates, or those close to graduation, are encouraged to
apply. There is funding available for this position for up to three
years (through a recently awarded grant from the Juvenile Diabetes
Research Foundation), although the successful applicant will also
be expected to apply for fellowships.

For more information please see our WEB page or contact Vicky
Prince by e-mail or telephone for informal discussions.  To apply for
the position please send a CV and outline of your background and
interests, plus the names of three referees qualified to comment on
your suitability for this position to:

Vicky Prince
vprince at midway.uchicago.edu
Tel: 773 834 2100