Funded postdoctoral position

Vicky Prince vprince at midway.uchicago.edu
Wed Jan 29 14:06:36 EST 2003

Funded Postdoctoral Position to to study zebrafish endoderm
regionalization in Vicky Prince's lab at The University of Chicago

A postdoctoral position is available to study zebrafish endoderm
regionalization and pancreas specification in the Department of Organismal
Biology at the University of Chicago.  Our overall research program focuses
on how the vertebrate primary body axis is regionalized during
development.  We have recently begun a productive study of the zebrafish
endoderm (Stafford and Prince, 2002 Current Biology 12, 1215-1220), and
now wish to expand this aspect of our program.  Other ongoing projects in
the lab are focused on Hox gene function during CNS regionalization (e.g.
Prince 2002, Developmental Biology. 249, 1-15; McClintock et al., 2002,
Development 129, 2339-2354; Hunter et al 2002, Developmental Biology
247, 367-389). The Department includes two other groups studying the
zebrafish, as well as groups working on insect, chick and mouse
development, providing an excellent interactive environment for
developmental biology research.

The successful applicant will be enthusiastic about developmental biology
and have training in molecular techniques, embryology, or preferably both -
ideally with some zebrafish experience.  Recent PhD. graduates, or those
close to graduation, are encouraged to apply. There is funding available for
this position for up to three years (through a recently awarded grant from
the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation), although the successful
applicant will also be expected to apply for fellowships.

For more information please see our WEB page or contact Vicky Prince by
e-mail or telephone for informal discussions.  To apply for the position
please send a CV and outline of your background and interests, plus the
names of three referees qualified to comment on your suitability for this
position to: Vicky Prince vprince at midway.uchicago.edu URL:
http://pondside.uchicago.edu/oba/faculty/prince_v.html Tel: 773 834 2100 --
Victoria E. Prince Organismal Biology and Anatomy 1027 E 57th Street
The University of Chicago Chicago IL 60637 tel 773 834 2100 fax 773 702
0037 URL: http://pondside.uchicago.edu/oba/faculty/prince_v.html