Egg laying

Greg Dutton duttong at ohsu.edu
Wed Jul 2 13:45:47 EST 2003

Hi everyone.  I was wondering what people's opinions were on the
following:  when we set up fish in our lab, we typically remove dividers
at 9am, when the lights come on.  Some people in our lab prefer to
check the fish every 15-20 min to look for eggs, while others leave the
fish until about noon before checking.  Does repeated checking disturb
or stress the fish so that they might not lay/lay less eggs?  Is it better to
leave set up fish completely undisturbed while waiting for eggs?
Thanks very much,

Greg Dutton
Oregon Health Sciences University
(503)494-5954