zebrafish inquiry

Arian S. Forouhar arian at its.caltech.edu
Wed Jul 9 12:30:57 EST 2003

I am a graduate student at caltech studying heart development in
zebrafish. I am working on labeling cardiac muscle fibers (either the
muscle fibers themselves or the surrounding collagen) so that I can
map out the muscle fibers in the developing heart. I am currently
having trouble identifying a vital stain that would do
this...hopefully to be used in conjunction with a confocal micrscope.

I am also interested in any transgenics that might have
cardiac muscle or cardiac connective tissue labeled.

If anyone has information that could help me, I'd certainly appreciate it.
Thank you for your time, Arian Forouhar