Zebrafish Research Scientist/Technician

Lalita Ramakrishnan lalitar at u.washington.edu
Mon Jul 14 10:40:06 EST 2003

Zebrafish Research Scientist/Technician Position (University of
Washington, Seattle)

Lalita Ramakrishnan's lab at the University of Washington, Seattle is
looking for a person with a Bachelors degree in an area of biology or
an Associates degree in fish and wildlife.  This person will be in charge
of a small fish facility, provide technical support to the lab and will also
have the opportunity to perform independent research in the broad
area of host immune responses to Mycobacterium marinum, the agent
of fish tuberculosis.  The research will involve micro-injecting bacteria
into zebrafish embryos and detailing the host-pathogen interactions by
DIC, fluorescent and video microscopy.  This exciting research has the
potential to elucidate why individuals respond differently to infectious
agents such as those causing tuberculosis. We are also starting to
perform genetic screens to identify embryos that are more or less
susceptible to fish tuberculosis and you will have the opportunity to
participate in this screen.  We are looking for a responsible, diligent
individual who enjoys working with fish. Some fish husbandry
experience is required and some combination of experience with
zebrafish, collection and rearing of embryos, squeezing embryos, EP
screens, and microscopy is highly desirable.

We are a smallish, friendly and enthusiastic group and our lab has
stunning views of the water in the exciting city of Seattle.  If you are
interested, please write to lalitar at u.washington.edu  with your CV and
three references.