Postdoctoral position

Scott C. Baraban baraban at itsa.ucsf.edu
Mon Jul 14 10:51:28 EST 2003

Postdoctoral position available in the Neuroscience Program at UCSF.
Our recent efforts to adapt zebrafish (Danio rerio) for epilepsy research
have generated exciting new opportunities.  Using electrophysiological,
behavioral and anatomical approaches we have developed novel
strategies to elicit, monitor, and study seizures in zebrafish. In
collaboration with Dr. Herwig Baier, a recently completed forward-
genetic screen has uncovered several seizure-resistant zebrafish
mutants. Gene mapping and characterization of these mutants has just
begun, and this is an ideal time to become involved in these projects.

UCSF offers an outstanding neuroscience community and desirable
San Francisco location. Applicants with zebrafish experience will be
favored. Send curriculum vitae and names of three references to:

Scott C. Baraban, PhD
Department of Neurological Surgery (Box 0520)
503 Parnassus Ave.
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94143
E-mail: baraban at itsa.ucsf.edu