postdoc ad

Dan Goldman neuroman at umich.edu
Wed Jul 30 11:54:53 EST 2003

Postdoctoral Positions Available
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI

2 postdoctoral positions are available to study CNS development and
regeneration in zebrafish.  We have developed a transgenic model for
studying CNS development and regeneration by using the alpha 1
tubulin promoter to drive EGFP expression.  These fish exhibit
transgene expression specifically in the developing and regenerating
CNS.  2 postdoctoral projects are available.  One involves mapping
cis-acting regulatory elements mediating alpha 1 tubulin promoter
activation during CNS development and regeneration; characterization
of the transcription factors that bind these elements; and
characterization of the signal transduction cascades that regulate
these transcription factors.  The second project involves using our
transgenic fish in a mutagenesis screen to identify genes mediating
alpha 1 tubulin gene induction during CNS development and
regeneration.  This project involves screening for mutants,
characterizing their phenotype, mapping mutant genes and studying
their function during CNS development and regeneration.

Interested candidates should send their CV with research statement
and 2-3 references to:

Daniel Goldman
Mental Health Res. Inst.
Univ. of Michigan