beta-actin-GFP construct

sam thornton badsam at hotmail.com
Fri May 23 10:06:33 EST 2003

Dear Colleagues,

I have been trying to generate a transgenic zebrafish line that
expresses a Ca2+ reporter protein under the control of a ubiquitous
promoter. Tragically I have failed at the first hurdle as I have been
unable to obtain a suitable promoter construct. I have written to a
number of people who have published suitable promoter elements
(such as the beta actin or eF1alpha promoters) but have had no
response. Can any one help??

If you have a promoter that can be used to drive ubiquitous expression
from early stages of development (mid-gastrula onwards) and would
be prepared to let me have some, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from
you.

Yours sincerely,

Samantha Thornton

Email - badsam at hotmail.com