postdoctoral position ad

Francisco Pelegri fjpelegri at wisc.edu
Fri May 23 15:13:35 EST 2003

One NIH-funded postdoctoral position is available to the study the
function of the gene aura during the early cellular cleavages, as well as
molecularly clone the gene. A recessive maternal-effect mutation in
this gene affects late cytokinesis and the recruitment of germ plasm to
the furrow.  Our preliminary analysis suggests that this gene has a role
in cytoskeletal rearrangements in the early embryo, possibly of the
microfilament network, which in turn are required for vesicle secretion
and germ plasm recruitment during furrow formation.  We use the
analysis of mutant and wild-type embryos in order to understand at the
cellular and molecular level the mechanisms required for these
processes.

We are located in Madison, Wisconsin, a city that is consistently rated
as one of the most livable cities in the U.S.   The biomedical
community at the University of Wisconsin - Madison constitutes a
superb scientific environment in a collegiate atmosphere.  Applicants
should have experience in Developmental and/or Cell Biology and
familiarity with molecular techniques.

For more information, please contact Francisco Pelegri at
fjpelegri at wisc.edu

--
Francisco Pelegri
Email: fjpelegri at facstaff.wisc.edu