post doc posting

Nathan Lawson nathan.lawson at umassmed.edu
Tue Nov 18 18:49:49 EST 2003

Postdoctoral position

A postdoctoral position is available in the Lawson laboratory at the
University of Massachusetts Medical School.  Our work focuses on the
signals that govern blood vessel formation during embryonic
development in the zebrafish.  We are especially interested in the
pathways that drive artery and vein differentiation (see Lawson and
Weinstein, Nat Rev Genet 3:674; Lawson et al., Development,
128:3675; and Lawson et al., Dev Cell 3:127). Current projects in the
lab include performing genetic screens using blood vessel specific
transgenic zebrafish lines to identify regulators of artery development
(see Lawson et al. Dev Biol 248:307 and Lawson et al. Genes Dev
17:1346).  Previous experience with zebrafish would be ideal, but is not
required. Extensive molecular biology experience is absolutely
essential. If you are interested, please send or email your CV and
names of 3 references to the address below.

Nathan D. Lawson, PhD
Assistant Professor
Program in Gene Function and Expression
Lazare Research Building, Room 617