fluorescence in culture media

Adam Rodaway adam.rodaway at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 13 12:30:53 EST 2003

Hi All,

I've been attempting to culture embryonic explants, to do confocal on a
GFP transgenic zf line. I've been following Tobias Langenberg's
explant protocol, and the explants are surviving fine. However, the
Leibovitz L-15 medium I'm culturing in is fluorescing in the green
channel when illuminated for GFP, which is problematic.....

I'm using Gibco/Invitrogen L-15 with L-glutamine and without Phenol
Red, and I'm doing everything in glass.

Has anybody else had this problem? Any solutions or suggestions will
be gratefully received.

Dr Adam Rodaway

The Randall Centre,
3rd Floor North,