fluorescence in culture media

Adam Rodaway adam.rodaway at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 13 12:30:53 EST 2003

Hi All,

I've been attempting to culture embryonic explants, to do confocal on a
GFP transgenic zf line. I've been following Tobias Langenberg's
explant protocol, and the explants are surviving fine. However, the
Leibovitz L-15 medium I'm culturing in is fluorescing in the green
channel when illuminated for GFP, which is problematic.....

I'm using Gibco/Invitrogen L-15 with L-glutamine and without Phenol
Red, and I'm doing everything in glass.

Has anybody else had this problem? Any solutions or suggestions will
be gratefully received.

thanks,
Adam

--