Help with zebrafish breeding problem

Matthew Bonnan MF-Bonnan at wiu.edu
Tue Oct 21 11:17:51 EST 2003

I am using zebrafish in my embryology course, and have been using
the low but steady method of embryo collection using a light timer to
get the zebrafish to spawn every morning.  This has worked great until
this week when I was away at a meeting and the janitor left the lights
on in the lab for at least 48-72 hours!  Now, no embryos are being
spawned and our first lab using the embryos is of course this week on
Thursday.  I have put the fish back on the light schedule, but would
someone know how long it will be before they start producing embryos
again?

This has been very frustrating!
Thank you for any information.

Sincerely,