Notice of a position available

Ken Robinson robinson at bilbo.bio.purdue.edu
Thu Sep 25 14:40:43 EST 2003

FACULTY POSITION IN ANIMAL DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES PURDUE UNIVERSITY

The Department of Biological Sciences invites applications for a
tenure-track faculty position.  The University is committed to significant
expansion of faculty size and to building upon existing research
strengths. In conjunction with this growth, we seek qualified applicants
in Animal Developmental Biology.  The research programs of the
successful applicant will be expected to have a strong genetic basis.
We expect to fill an academic-year appointment at the assistant
professor level; however appointment at higher rank will be considered
for qualified individuals. The successful applicant must have a Ph.D. or
equivalent in an appropriate discipline, and postdoctoral experience.
We seek candidates with strong research productivity, promise of
extramural funding, and effective training of graduate and
undergraduate students.  For more information, see
http://www.biology.purdue.edu; inquires can be directed to the Search
Committee Chair (robinsok at purdue.edu).  Applicants should send
their curriculum vitae, the names and addresses of three referees, and
a summary of research and teaching interests to:

Dr. Kenneth R. Robinson
Chair of Developmental Search Committee
Department of Biological Sciences
Purdue University
915 W. State St.
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2054

Review of candidates will begin November 1, 2003. Purdue University
is an Equal Access/Affirmative Action Employer