daphnia for zebrafish

Christina Quasarano ceq at bu.edu
Fri Apr 23 12:38:00 EST 2004

Hello All!
   I have another question... We have an adult zebrafish system set up for
behavioral studies.  The problem we are coming across is the the feeding
of  the fish.  They must be feed all the time so that they cannot
determine time  of day. Artemia will not work becuase the fish will be
enclosed in a mesh  chamber suspended in the water and they will fall to
the bottom.  It has been  suggested to us to use daphnia because the will
remain dispersed in the water  unlike artemia or grindal worms.  Have any
of you used daphnia?  Is it a  suitable food source for zebrafish for a
few days at least?  Do you have any  other suggestions as to what food
source might be best for us to use? Thank  you!

Sincerely,
  Christina Q

Christina Quasarano
Boston University Medical School
Lab Manager <}}}><
Chemical Hygiene Officer
Zhdanova's Lab of Sleep and Circadian Physiology
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology
Phone # (617)638-4187
---