Please help me

kalyancb at sancharnet.in kalyancb at sancharnet.in
Thu Apr 22 01:12:00 EST 2004

Respected sir,

          This is Aesha who is doing B.Sc. Biotechnology  at St.John's
college, Anantapur. With my own interest I would like to do
project on detection of mutations in Danio species caused by any
pesticidal mutagen. For that I have choosen RAPD technique. How
far this technique helps in detecting mutations. And also I
would like to do RAPD marker base DNA fingerprinting and
diversity study in Danio species.

          I'm not getting help from my teachers and if I ask about this
means they are simply telling that this is not time to know
about it and do your project in M.Sc. But, I'm dam interested to
do the project and know about it. So I request you do kindly
help.

    I need your precious advices for the following doubts:

1. Will RAPD technique will favour me in detecting muations in zebra
family members.

2. Will the pesticide cypermethrin cause mutations in Danio species.

3. Will it be good if I do RAPD marker based DNA fingerprinting and
diversity study in Danio species.

4. Finally please send literature regarding this.

      With a great hope I'll we be waiting for your reply

      Thankyou verymuch for spending your pecious time towads this.

                                         Yours Sincerely,
                                         D.Aesha