Postdoctoral position in genetics/genomics/bioinformatics

Marc S.Halfon mshalfon at buffalo.edu
Wed Apr 28 08:36:00 EST 2004

Postdoctoral positions are available for wet-lab and/or computational
research into the mechanisms of Drosophila mesoderm development. Our  work
combines genomics and bioinformatics with the traditional
molecular and genetic techniques of Drosophila research to investigate
transcriptional regulation and intercellular signaling in the fly  embryo.
We are using both experimental and computational methods to (1)  discover
cis-regulatory elements in a systematic fashion based on  functional
criteria, (2) identify relevant transcription factor binding  sites within
these elements, and (3) explore the genome-wide downstream  responses to
combinatorial intercellular signaling. Excellent resources  are available
as part of the newly established Center of Excellence in  Bioinformatics
and Life Sciences. Applicants should be highly motivated  individuals with
a strong background in molecular biology, genetics, or  bioinformatics.
Please send curriculum vitae and 3 letters of reference  to:
Marc S. Halfon, 140 Farber Hall, SUNY at Buffalo, 3435 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214.
E-mail: mshalfon at buffalo.edu
Website: http://www.bioinformatics.buffalo.edu/halfon

-----------------------------------
Marc S. Halfon, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry and Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics
SUNY at Buffalo

109 BRB
ph: (716) 829-3126
fax: (716) 829-2725
mshalfon at buffalo.edu

mailing address:
140 Farber Hall (for shipping, use 106 BRB)
SUNY at Buffalo
3435 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214