Postdoctoral position

Arindam Majumdar Arindam.Majumdar at mbb.ki.se
Tue Aug 17 05:49:00 EST 2004

Postdoctoral Scientist
(Karolinska Institutet)

Highly motivated individuals are invited to apply for a postdoctoral
scientist appointment in the Division of Matrix Biology (MBB) at the
Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.  Our research group is interested
in the developmental signals that control growth and differentiation
during vertebrate kidney organogenesis. Our lab is  using the zebrafish
embryonic kidney or pronephros as a model system.   Topics of
investigation include nephron formation, tubulogenesis, and  glomerular
morphogenesis (Development, 125, pp. 4655-67, 1998; Dev.  Biol. 222, pp.
147-57, 2000, Development, 127, pp, 2089-98, 2000).  Experimental
approaches include genetic screens, molecular cloning,  morpholino
technology, and transgenesis.

Research will be conducted in the new Karolinska Institutet Zebrafish
Facility on the KI (Solna) campus.  Qualified applicants must have a  PhD
in molecular, cell or developmental biology.  Please submit applications
by October 1st, 2004.  Please send complete applications  including cover
letter, CV, and contact information for three
references to:

Arindam Majumdar, PhD
Division of Matrix Biology/MBB
Karolinska Institutet