Job posting

Richard Dorsky richard.dorsky at neuro.utah.edu
Wed Aug 25 04:40:00 EST 2004

Job description:

A group of ten zebrafish laboratories at the University of Utah is
looking for a Facility Manager to run a state-of-the art zebrafish
facility with 6000 tanks. The responsibilities will include breeding and
rearing of zebrafish, maintaining the facility, hiring and training
facility staff, and interacting with scientists using the facility on
research projects.

Skills required:

The successful applicant must have an advanced degree (PhD preferred) in
the sciences, preferably with experience in animal science or
aquaculture, and at least five years’ experience in a research
laboratory. Independent problem-solving skills, reliability, motivation,
and strong managerial and organizational skills (including computer
databases) are necessary. Salary will be commensurate with education and
experience.

Environment:

The zebrafish community at the University of Utah is a thriving and
highly interactive group of laboratories, studying topics including  early
development, neural development, and olfaction. The labs meet  biweekly to
discuss their latest research. The University of Utah has a  strong
biomedical research community, and is located in a very liveable  city
with excellent quality of life.

--
Richard Dorsky (richard.dorsky at neuro.utah.edu)

University of Utah
Dept. of Neurobiology and Anatomy
401 MREB
20 North 1900 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84132-3401
Phone: (801) 581-6073
Fax:     (801) 581-4233
"Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins the movie by telling you how it
ends.  Well, I say there are some things we don't want to know. Important
things!" - Ned Flanders