Help with crossing older fish.

marcuswrath rathmark at mail.nih.gov
Mon Dec 13 07:37:00 EST 2004

I'm having some difficulty spawning older brood fish, and I wanted to ask
this community if anyone has any ideas or suggestions to improve egg
production in aging zebrafish. These fish are between 2.5 and 3 years
old. Does anyone know of any effective suppliments or
alternative feeds that could be used to help this situation? I'd also be
interested in any suggestions about the methods of handling and caring for
older brood fish. Thanks for any insight that you may have.

Mark Rath
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics
National Institutes of Health/NICHD
Bethesda, MD