postdoc & PhD positions

Affolter Markus Markus.Affolter at unibas.ch
Wed Feb 11 20:06:36 EST 2004

A postdoctoral and a PhD position are currently available in the
Biozentrum of the University of Basel/Switzerland to examine blood
vessel formation in zebrafish. We have been studying tube formation
using genetic, biochemical and imaging approaches in the Drosophila
embryo. Based on the results we obtained with the fly, we would like
to test whether similar cellular and molecular concepts underly blood
vessel formation in the fish. We are particularly interested in
finding a person with some experience with zebrafish.
Please send applications to

Markus.Affolter at unibas.ch
Please add two letters of recommendation

Prof. Markus Affolter
Biozentrum der Uni Basel
Abt. Zellbiologie
Klingelbergstr. 70
CH-4056 Basel

Phone: 0041 61 267 20 77 or 0041 61 267 20 72
FAX:   0041 61 267 20 78
e-mail: Markus.Affolter at unibas.ch
http://www.biozentrum.unibas.ch/
http://www.biozentrum.unibas.ch/affolter/trachea/