Fungus guard

Christina Quasarano ceq at bu.edu
Tue Jan 27 12:58:08 EST 2004

Hello all!

I have another question.  We have a small, but persistant fungal
problem.  I have recently bought a product called Fungus Guard.  The
main ingredients are NaCl,KCl, triethylene glycol, EDTA, methylene
blue, polyvinylpyrrolidone, and acriflavine.  It says to use 5g/5 gallons
for the first dose.  Then change 25% of water. Another dose is to be
given in 24 hours and then change another 25% afer fungus clears.
Would this be something that is safe to use in an AHAB system with
fish in it?  It also says to take out any activated carbon.  Has anyone
used this?  What were the results?  Thanks!

-Christina

Christina Quasarano
Lab Manager <}}}><
Chemical Hygiene Officer