Larval survival

Esterhuyse MM <mme2 at sun.ac.za> mme2 at sun.ac.za
Wed Jul 7 03:33:00 EST 2004

Hi - I have read one message on this topic and wanted to know if I could
get some more advice.  I started breeding Zebrafish in our experimental
aquarium, Stellenbosch University, South Africa.  The breeding stock are
doing well in terms of quantities (and quality, I think) eggs.
Unfortunately, the hatched larvae only survive about 2 week - after this
period the die  - almost all at once.  I'm not sure what and when to feed
them, whether it require aeration, water changes etc. I tried to rear them
in both embryo buffer and later the biological water from my Tilapia
culturing tanks.  Larvae from the latter survived even longer.  I'd be
very happy if someone could help me out.
Marna Esterhuyse