Group leader positions in Dresden

Michael Brand brand at mpi-cbg.de
Fri Jun 11 04:19:00 EST 2004

The Max Planck Institute
for the Physics of Complex Systems
and the Max Planck Institute for
Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
in Dresden
are seeking outstanding candidates for:

Two Group Leaders in Biological Physics
(Theory and Experiment)
One group, which will be located at the MPI-PKS, will focus on theory. The
second group, which will be affiliated with both Institutes, will combine
theoretical and experimental research activities. We especially welcome
applications from candidates working on the cytoskeleton, the organization
and dynamics of cells, cell signaling and gene regulation.

The two groups will promote and further strengthen collaborations between
the Institutes. Research at the MPI-PKS includes theoretical approaches to
molecular and cellular biophysics (see http://www.mpipks-dresden.mpg.de).
Research at MPI-CBG focuses on the molecular mechanisms underlying the
structure and organization of cells (see http://www.mpi-cbg.de). The strong
interactive community at the interface of physics and biology that has
recently been established in Dresden provides an outstanding research
environment.

We offer positions for 5 years with BAT Ia salary. Funds are available for
postdoctoral fellows and a technician. PhD students can also be recruited.
We will provide office and laboratory space and adequate funds for
equipment and consumables.

Please send your CV, publication list, and a short description of research
accomplishments and future plans to Prof. Dr. Frank Jülicher at the address
below by July 1, 2004. Two letters of recommendation should be sent
separately by the application deadline.

Max Planck Institute
for the Physics of Complex Systems
Nöthnitzer Straße 38