gas supersaturation

Dallas E. Weaver, Ph.D. deweaver at surfcity.net
Thu Mar 25 10:11:00 EST 2004

As supersaturation problems in fish are related to total gas pressure and
the partial pressures of O2 and N2 + Ar and the age of the animal (larval
stages are different that adult in the mass transport of O2), it isn't
clear what you are trying to do.  However, you will require a pumped
system to do any supersaturation experiments.  The design is straight
forward once you know what you want to do, however you will need good
instrumentation.

Dallas
--
Dallas E. Weaver, Ph.D.
Scientific Hatcheries
deweaver at surfcity.net
http://ScientificHatcheries.com

in article c3g1fq$alh$1 at mercury.rfcgr.mrc.ac.uk, Sanderson Derrick J at
djsanderson at mail.viterbo.edu wrote on 3/19/04 3:58 PM:

> I am currently in the process of purposing research using zebrafish to
gain a better understanding of the effects that gas bubble disease has
on familiarity and mate choice in females.  However, i haven't been able
to find any information on oxygen supersaturation for a small research
facility.  I was wondering if you might point me in the right direction
on how one would superstaturate an aquarium rather than a hatcery tank.