zfish question

Jessica L Moore jlm37 at psu.edu
Mon May 3 02:20:00 EST 2004

We recently heard that it is possible to anesthetize adult zebrafish with
lidocaine and they stay anesthetized for 20 minutes!  Could anyone who has
 done this please email or post the specifics of how to do this?  I would
like to know the concentration of lidocaine that you buy, and how much you
 use. Also how long can you  keep a fish out, and do you see the same type
 of anesthetic sensitivity that you see with tricaine (i.e. healthy
looking  fish bleed or convulse and then die...).  Thanks!
Jessica Moore & Keith Cheng

Jessica L. Moore, PhD
Instructor, Department of Pathology H059
Penn State College of Medicine
500 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033

Lab: (717) 531-4704