Text for FPC re-numbering

Kerstin Jekosch kj2 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon May 10 06:36:00 EST 2004

FPC database modification

The FPC database will undergo a noteworthy change with the next version
(to be released in 2-3 weeks). We have re-numbered the FPC contigs with
the aim of simplifing our merging process. With the next release we will
provide a conversion file listing the old contig and new contig number
for each clone. As with previous versions the contig numbers will
continue to change as the database develops, it is therefore advisable  to
use clone names/accessions to follow particular regions/sequences.

For further information please contact Sean Humphray (sjh at sanger.ac.uk).

Dr. Kerstin Jekosch                email kj2 at sanger.ac.uk
Project Leader                     tel   +44 (0)1223 494971
Zebrafish Genome Analysis          fax   +44 (0)1223 494919
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK