BMRC-EMBO practical course

Korzh Vladimir vlad at imcb.a-star.edu.sg
Fri Oct 8 07:56:00 EST 2004

Dear Colleague,

I would like to advertise the BMRC-EMBO practical course "Advanced Optical
Methods in Cell and Developmental Biology" to be held in Singapore in
January 2005. The announcement is posted under "Meetings" on ZFIN. This
course is focused on bioimaging using confocal, widefield, multiphoton
microscopy, image processing and F-techniques (FRAP, FRET, FCS and FLIM).
Using this opportunity I would like to emphasize that this course will
include practical demonstration of novel transgenic techniques in
application to the zebrafish embryos such as, for example, modified
massive electroporation of DNA into a neural tube of embryos based on
protocol described by Teh et al (2003, BioTechniques, 35, 950) using
neural-specific GFP expressing lines obtained recently by Tol2
transposon-mediated enhancer-trap transgenesis (Parinov et al., 2004, Dev
Dynam. 231, 449).

More information can be found at http://www.a-star.edu.sg/bmrc-embo.

Best Regards,

Vladimir Korzh,

Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology

61 Biopolis Dr., Proteos

138673 Singapore

phone 65-65869748

fax    65-67791117

DISCLAIMER:
This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do
not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other
person as it may be an offence under the Official Secrets Act. Thank you.
Please note: With effect from 31 May 2004, our new mailing address is
Proteos, 61 Biopolis Drive, Singapore 138673. Tel: +65 6586 9755  Fax: +65
6779 1117