Fungus eggs

Leslie Day l.day at neu.edu
Fri Oct 29 10:10:00 EST 2004

I was hoping that someone might have a solution to a small problem we have
run into in our zebrafish lab. We have been collecting eggs from our tanks
in the morning about 2-3 hours after the lights come on. After we collect,
we place the eggs in a dish and bleach, then rinse well with some Hanks
solution. We screen all the eggs and get rid of any eggs are not viable.
We add some methyl blue to the water and place the eggs in the incubator.
The next day all of them have fungus. Does anyone have any suggestions on
how to prevent this????

Leslie Day
Biology Department
Northeastern University