sectioning

Jeffrey Hannah HANNAHJ at email.chop.edu
Mon Apr 4 06:39:00 EST 2005

Thanks for responding everyone, I certainly appreciate it.  Here are the

Hi Jeffrey.  For frogs and fish, the yolk tends to crumble the wax.
>This can be fixed, as you suggest by doing plastic sectioning, which  is
more tedious, but gives beautiful results.-

I wonder if the variability has anything to do with how much yolk is  in
the particular section? Yolk-free sections, say from the head or  caudal
tail of a 24h fish will be fine w/ paraffin, but as soon as  you get to
the middle where the yolk or yolk extension is included,  you run into
problems with holes in the wax.

  -Ben Feldman (bfeldman at mail.nih.gov)

Hi Jeffrey,
We have been using JB4 resin to section in situ embryos and we are getting
really nice results.  We can even take pictures and do H&E afterwards to see
histology of the section.

  -Rebecca Burdine (RBurdine at molbio.Princeton.EDU)

---