Bioinformatics Groupleader Dresden

Michael Brand brand at mpi-cbg.de
Mon Apr 4 11:57:00 EST 2005

 Group leader position in bioinformatics, Dresden

> The BioTechnological Centre of TU Dresden (TUD), Germany, in
> cooperation with the Klaus-Tschira-Foundation and the Max-Planck
Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG) invite
applications for a group leader in bioinformatics.

> We seek to recruit outstanding candidates with an interest in
> understanding genome, transcriptome, proteome or metabolome data. We are
particularly interested in candidates with a strong track record in
protein structure, protein/DNA/ligand interaction, gene expression data,
and/or metabolic pathway data analysis, or evolution. However, any
outstanding candidate will be considered.  Candidates should possess a
PhD in computational, physical, mathematical or life
> sciences with a strong publication record and exciting research plans.
>
> The positions are BAT-O Ia/b depending on qualifications.  Exact pay
depends on age and status. The initial appointment is up to December
2008 with the possibility of prolongation a year and subsequent tenure
depending on performance.  The position comes with adequate funding for
two pre-docs and infrastructure. The pre-docs may be recruited through
the International PhD Programme for Molecular Cell Biology and
Bioengineering Dresden hosted by the MPI-CBG and TUD.

> The groups will be co-located in the new BioInnovation Centre (BioZ)
together with other bioinformatics groups. The centre hosts groups in
genomics, proteomics, biophysics, tissue engineering, zebrafish
genetics
> and cellular machines, as well as a number of companies. It is in close
proximity to the Max Planck Institute and the medical faculty. Besides
a host of
> biological services available through the BioZ and the MPI, the groups
will have access to a unique high-throughput RNA interference
> screening facility at the MPI and a high-performance computing
> infrastructure, which is planned for the end of 2005 and which will
comprise a 1000 Linux-PC cluster and another machine with 1000 CPUs and
over 2TB main memory.

> Dresden is a beautiful City in the East of Germany. Known as "Florence
on the river Elbe" it boasts an old town with famous buildings such as
the Semper Opera, the Frauenkirche and the Zwinger. Dresden has a rich
cultural life with an opera, theatre, and concert hall. The standard of
living is high with good schools (including international
> kindergarden and school) and medical services, as well as beautiful
surrounding countryside known as "Saxon Switzerland".

> Applications in English including curriculum vitae, list of
> publications, research plan, and addresses (including email and
> telephone) of at least two references should be submitted until 10th of
April 2005 by email to