ZF RNA Extraction

Georg Otto georg.otto at tuebingen.mpg.de
Wed Apr 6 10:34:00 EST 2005

you did not specify what you consider "poor results". What is the yield
and purity?

We use Trizol reagent from Invitrogen and have a yield of at least 0.5
ug total RNA per 48 hpf embryo. If you are interested, I can send you
our protocol.

Be also aware that you have to do UV-measurements of RNA in buffer (pH
7.4-8) to get consistent results.

On Wednesday, April 6, 2005, at 08:45 AM, marc wrote:

> Hi again all,
> Could anyone advise me on a protocol for extracting RNA from zebrafish
> I am using the small-scale SIGMA TRIZOL reagent protocol and i am
getting very poor results.  I usually de-corionate then isolate the
RNA in