question on polymorphism

yukio yxn14 at case.edu
Tue Jan 11 07:15:00 EST 2005

Hello, my name is Yukio Nakamura working at the Case Western Reserve
University as a posdoc. I have been using Zebrafish (strain is SHWT)
recently.
  I have a question today.
  I am cloning my targetted gene using zebrafish, however I have
realized one point mutation (from A to G: Q to R as a protein). I did  PCR
twice for cloning at different days. However I got the same
mutation. Therefore, would you teach me about it ? Do you think that  that
is a polymorphism ? I believe that that kind of mutation is very  rare in
mice and humans. What about zebrafish ? If xebrafish has a  polymorphism,
what is the percentage? Please teach me about it.
  Thank you for your kindness.

Sincerely yours,

Yukio Nakamura,
Dept. of Genetics, BRB7,