Zebrafish Protocols/Techniques

marc at carl39.freeserve.co.uk marc at carl39.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 12:46:00 EST 2005

Hello
I am a 2nd year PhD student in the Institute for Cell & Molecular
Biosciences, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne.  My research involves the
characterization of natural antisense transcripts.  We are looking at the
zebrafish sodium-phosphate co-transporter in zebrafish as a model system.

We have a functional zebrafish facility at the institute, but we are
lacking experience in or lab of working with zebrafish embryos, and cannot
monopolize the time of the other researchers using the facility.

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some of their time in the near
future to show me around their lab and allow me to observe/try some
general techniques and ask lot of questions.

The techniques that I am most interested in are i) zebrafish embryo
manipulation/maintenance; ii) in-situ hybridization; iii)
micro-injection of embryos.

I am prepared to travel to anyway in the UK.
Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Mark Carlile

---