Zebrafish Protocols/Techniques

Tara Gupta happytaragirl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 12:22:00 EST 2005

I really must recommend the MBL Zebrafish Course (see Lenny Dawidowicz
posting from Jan 11).  While a bit expensive and competitive, it is
entirely worth it, especially for people trying to set up a zfish
component for an established lab.  I'm the loner zfish person in my lab,
and this course brought my skill level and productivity up 100%. Plus, the
zfish instructors are not only top-notch researchers, but wonderful people
to learn from.  The student pool is from all over the world.  And if you
don't get in, try again (I did!).

Tara Gupta, Ph.D.
University of Washington
Seattle, WA  98195

marc at carl39.freeserve.co.uk wrote:
> Hello
> I am a 2nd year PhD student in the Institute for Cell & Molecular
Biosciences, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne.  My research involves
> characterization of natural antisense transcripts.  We are looking at
> zebrafish sodium-phosphate co-transporter in zebrafish as a model
> We have a functional zebrafish facility at the institute, but we are
lacking experience in or lab of working with zebrafish embryos, and
> monopolize the time of the other researchers using the facility.
> I was wondering if anyone could offer me some of their time in the
> future to show me around their lab and allow me to observe/try some
general techniques and ask lot of questions.
> The techniques that I am most interested in are i) zebrafish embryo
manipulation/maintenance; ii) in-situ hybridization; iii)