[Zbrafish] help with disease diagnosis

awg awgrant77 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 15:06:09 EST 2005

Hello everyone. I am a technician in a zfish lab in North Carolina and
lately have been noticing sick fish in our facility. I have found fish
which appear to be bleeding internally. The bleeding/red spots appear
first on the underside of the fish, but subsequently they become darker
and move prevalent...particularly at the tail. Otherwise the sick fish
seem fairly normal... they are not lethargic, they aren't rubbing,
there is no fin rot, etc.

I have quarentined the affected fish in a tank with methylene blue, and
they are surviving, though the red spots don't appear to be going away.

Do this symptoms sound familiar to anyone?