Non-specific Effects of Morpholinos

SKucenas stahlhut at slu.edu
Wed Mar 30 03:02:00 EST 2005

I'm currently using morpholinos to characterize the function of my protein
of interest.  I've read a lot about non-specific effects of MOs and I know
what toxicity looks like with this technology.  Besides the routine
neurodegeneration and slowed development, has anyone come
across other non-specific effects?  In particular, pigmentation or neural
alterations that occur without any other signs of toxicity?  Any
information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

---