[Zbrafish] bacteria infections in zebrafish

irojo at suk.azti.es irojo at suk.azti.es
Wed Oct 5 05:07:09 EST 2005

Hi,
I usually work with zebrafish and I´m doing some proofs to infect
these fish.
I don´t know which It´s the better way to do it, by inmersion (but
perhaps It´s difficult that bacteria penetrate in the body because of
mucus or skin) or injection, in that case I don´t know how to do it.
most of autors do intraperitoneal injections but for me It´s difficult
to find this place in the body, you can damage vital organs with this
method.
Does somebody know something about this subject?
Thanks very much, regards
                        irune