[Zbrafish] Zebrafish fry feed

christian lawrence clawrence at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 20 11:59:37 EST 2005

Hi - We use a 50:50 liquefied mixture of Argent Chemical Laboratories
Hatchfry Encapsulon, Grade 0 and spirulina.  Another option is a 50:50 mix
of Cyclop-eeze (also by Argent) and Spirulina.  We actually feed the former
exclusively to larvae 6-9dpf before presenting 1st instar artemia nauplii,
and feed this mix through the first 30-40 dpf along with artemia.  These
products have good nutritional profile and water stability, so they work
very well, particularly as a supplement to rotifer or paramecium early on.

Chris

Christian Lawrence
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Karp Family Research Laboratories 06-004B
One Blackfan Circle
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Tel: 617.355.9041
Fax: 617.355.9064