[Zbrafish] Summary of responses regarding antibodies against bcatenin and cadnerin

Burdine, Rebecca D rburdine at Princeton.EDU
Fri Aug 18 22:30:51 EST 2006

Thanks everyone who wrote both on and off the list!  I really appreciate
all the help with this.

I can't tell offhand which e-mail come directly to me and which go to
the whole listserv so I thought I would summarize.

Recommended B-catenin antibodies:

monoclonal beta-catenin antibody from BD Biosciences (catalog# 610153)
for immunofluorescence  (Chris Thorpe)

BD-pharminogen (Transduction Labs)  anti-beta-catenin (mouse monoclonal,
Transduction Labs C19220) (Bryan Crawford)

Sigma, C7207  (Howie Sirotkin)

Sigma C2206 (Jeff Lee, Sarah Cheesman)

Recommended pan-cadherin antibodies:

Sigma's anti-pan-cadherin (rabbit polyclonal, catalogue number C3678)
(Bryan Crawford, Jeff Lee)

Other good Info:

>From Jen-Ning Tsai "According to Hibi's paper (Mech. Dev. 121, 371-386),
Sigma C2206 might work in IHC. In my lab, this antibody gave reasonable
result in Western blot using zebrafish embryos. The performance of this
antibody in immunofluorescence is under testing.  I am also interesting
in a pan-cadherin antibody. Dr. James Marrs in Indiana University had
published a paper regarding an e-cadherin polyclonal antibody with
excellent performance in immunofluorescence (Dev. Dyn. 230, 263-277). "

Hope this helps everyone!

Becky

Rebecca D. Burdine, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Dept. of Molecular Biology

Princeton University

Washington Road Mof 433

Princeton, NJ 08544

Phone: (609) 258-7515

Fax: (609) 258-1343

Email: rburdine at princeton.edu

Admin Assistant: Cathy Falk (609) 258-1604