[Zbrafish] rack systems

Joanna Wilson jwilson at whoi.edu
Fri Aug 25 08:37:02 EST 2006

Hi all,
I will be setting up a new breeding  zebrafish facility in my department
and have been looking at the Aquatic Habitats system.  I have used this
system before and really liked it.  Because of the cost, I am required
to look at alternatives and so I had the techniplast reps come by and
talk to me about the ZebTec system.  It seems like a good system and a
viable alternative to the AHAB system.

Does anyone have experience with both of these systems and could comment
on what they particularly liked about each of them?
I don't have final pricing yet on the ZebTec system, so I am not sure
how they compare there but I am more interested in hearing how easy they
are to maintain and if anyone found some significant advantage to one
system over the other.

Thanks,
Joanna Wilson

New Contact Information, As of June 1, 2006:

Joanna Wilson
Assistant Professor
McMaster University, Department of Biology
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, ON  L8S 4K1
Canada

Campus Location