[Zbrafish] cell purification

tj tpusack at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:43:03 EST 2006

I am attempting to isolate mononuclear zebrafish GFP+ cells. I am
having a low success rate with the number of cells i can get from 20-30
fish. I use the enzymes collagenase and dispase, after deheading,
skinning, and defining. the slury is then passed through 70 micon
filter and 40 micron filter. The two aspects i am hoping to improve on
are the number of cells obtained as well as reducing the amount of
background junk the passes through the filter. We think the baground
junk is bone or scales. Any help would be great appritiated.