[Zbrafish] Dissecting Scopes

Nathalia Glickman Holtzman glickman at saturn.med.nyu.edu
Mon Feb 20 12:57:10 EST 2006

Hi,

In am setting up a fish lab at a smaller teaching school and my start up
funds are limited. I am trying to decide which dissecting scopes to get. I
am going to order one very nice high end dissecting scope with epifourecents
but need at least 2 other dissecting scopes. I am thinking of getting one
stemi 2000 for microinjections and another scope for simple screening and
staging.  Since money is tight I am looking for suggestions for the least
expensive system that will still give me descent images.

Would like comments on a system sufficient for microinjections (1-8 cell
stage) and a staging scope.  Any scope advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Nathalia Hotlzman