[Zbrafish] Embryonic development of Zebrafish

Melissa Haendel mhaendel at uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Wed Jan 25 12:19:10 EST 2006

Dear Francois,
Organogenesis is a term often used very loosely.  It being the formation
of organs during embryogenesis, I would say, the beginning would be at
the first sign of the first organ, the nervous system.  This would be
around the end of gastrulation, (90%epiboly or so), when the neural
plate becomes apparent. The nervous system is also considered to be the
last organ to finish development, and some would even say that it
continues to develop throughout life.

My two cents.

Melissa Haendel