[Zbrafish] Re: Rations for optimal growth

Claudia claudia_hohn at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 5 17:15:52 EST 2006

Hi,
recommended is 28.5C to grow zebrafish but I found they do just fine at
any temperature between 21C to 30C if they are one month and older. Up
to one month I try to keep the fish at 28C. As for feeding I always
feed to saturation (basically I feed and if everything is eaten up
within minutes I feed again) once I have a starting point I just
increase the feed every week. You have to figure out a balance of
feeding well and not messing up the water to much. This greatly depends
on the type of feed. I use golden pearls that I mix with zeigler larval
feed and have good results. I also grow artemia which make a great
addition and the fish love artemia and it does not mess up the water. I
think it is more important to feed several times throughout the day
than on how much you feed at a single time especially when fish are
growing. I ususally have fish ready to spawn after 2.5 months. Let me
know if you wish more detail.
Claudia