[Zbrafish] Re: Inexpensive alternatives to the Ahab system?

Leviathan jason.cockington at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Jul 13 02:39:54 EST 2006

Hi kevin,

Fantastic, welcome to the Zf model  :O)

We are currently in the process of expanding and upgrading our
facility.  We are begining to purchase Ahab units for this upgrade, so
i can appreciate what you mean with regards to cost.

I can send you some specs and photos of the systems we built here in
adelaide at a relatively cheap price compared to the Ahab units.

We are slowly replacing the old units with the new Ahab ones for
several reasons.  One being our old units require a large amount more
realestate than the Ahab units, and don't hold quite the same volume of
fish.  This has become an issue recently because the interrest in our
Zf facility has risen from 2 labs to about 9 labs, and it is just
proving next to impossible to provide 9 labs with the appropriate
numbers of fish from a facility designed to supply 3 at a push!

One benefit of our old systems is that they have been very forgiving
with regards to inexperience with handling Zeb.  They were desinged
with large water sumps, which is excellent when it comes to neglecting
the water quality, but they do take up a bit of space.

let me know if you are interrested in knowing more,

jason