[Zbrafish] Fluorescence Microcopy Details

Tiago Filipe Baptista da Rosa Repolho trepolho at bio.ua.pt
Fri Jul 14 09:07:29 EST 2006

Dear Users,

My name is Tiago and at our lab we established a new
Zebrafish facility that will support Zebrafish research on
 Aquatic Toxicology as well as Genomics.
We now are on the urge to acquire a fluorescence
microscope and I would like to ask if someone could inform
me on the specific electron excitement as well as electron
emission wave lenghts used and needed to visualize
fluorescent compounds/dyes microinjected in Zebrafish
embryos?
I had a feedback from a sales company asking if a electron
excitement wave lenght between 450 and 490nm, plus a
electron emission wave lenght beyond 500nm, would be
sufficient?
Could anyone advise me ont this issues, please?
I would appreciate very much,
Kind Regards,

Tiago