[Zbrafish] intron size

Chi-Bin Chien chi-bin.chien at neuro.utah.edu
Thu Jun 8 08:28:23 EST 2006

Having looked at the structure of quite a few axon guidance genes, I
can say that zebrafish intron size is much more like that of humans
than flies (as one would expect from the overall sizes of the three
genomes). Exon-intron structure is often highly conserved between
fish genes and their mammalian orthologs.

Of course, it would be best to take the mouse structure as a first
guess and then refine it by looking at actual fish cDNA and gDNA
sequence.

Chi-Bin Chien