[Zbrafish] intron size

Jan Gebauer Jan.Gebauer at uni-koeln.de
Thu Jun 8 04:58:46 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm not sure if you alreday got some answers... as they didn't go over the
list, I just tell you what are our experience.

We have 'till no characterised 7 complete (extracellular) gene loci in
zebrafish, mouse and human in great detail. What I can say from that is:

+ The intron size in zebrafish is equally long as in human or mouse
(although we didn't look exactly in that).
+ The intron length is not conservered (but is also no very well conserved
between mouse and human).
+ The "exon phase" and "intron type" ist very well conservered.
+ The exon number and coding information (which domain od the protein etc)
is mostly conservered.

Hope it helps... You have to judge for yourself if 7 genes is enough to
draw conclusion for the whole genome ;-)

Best
Jan

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 19:46:23 +0200, kovalick_g at utpb.edu